When we went on the quest to make the world’s best burger, we really wish we would have tested out an air fryer version. With the quick cook time, these burgers stay perfectly juicy and basically beg for a melty slice of cheese. Load it up with your favorite toppings and feel like the burger master you are – without all the smoke in your face. And don’t forget to make yourself some air fryer sweet potatoes while you’re at it!
Have you made these yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
1 lb. ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
4 slices American cheese
4 hamburger buns
Thinly sliced red onion
- In a large bowl combine beef, garlic, and soy sauce. Shape into 4 patties and flatten into a 4” circle. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 patties in air fryer and cook at 375° for 4 minutes per side, for medium. Remove and immediately top with a slice of cheese. Repeat with remaining 2 patties.
- Spread hamburger buns with mayo, then top with lettuce, patties, tomatoes, and onions.
Make a DIY burger bar by arranging lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and pickles on a serving platter so everyone can help themselves!
- Zesty: Jalapenos, green chilies, sauerkraut, Chipotle Aioli or a Homemade Garlic Aioli
- Savory: Roasted red bell peppers, fried egg (so good!), bacon, sautéed or air fried mushrooms
Tips for Perfect Hamburger Patties
- Combine meat, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, about 1/2″ thick. Make a small indent in the middle of the patty with your thumb. Brush patties with barbecue sauce if using.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Add patties in a single layer to the basket.
- Cook 6 minutes. Flip burger over and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until beef reaches 160°F.
- Add cheese if using and cook 1 minute more. Serve on buns.