Who wants to make a Taiwan egg cake as a New Year gift? I’ve tried every recipe, but I haven’t been able to satisfy. I want you to try to follow this recipe. Can be made into coffee, chocolate or other flavors too.
Egg yolk ingredients
- Egg yolks (No.2) 7 pcs.
- Cake Flour 150 g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Unsweetened Condensed Milk 145 g
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100 grams of vegetable oil
Egg white ingredients
- Egg whites (No. 2) 7 eggs
- Cream of Tartar (Or lemon juice) 1 teaspoon
- 100-120 grams of sugar (can add – reduce sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
How To Make Taiwanese Egg Cake
- Separate the yolk and egg whites.
- Make the yolk mixture by sifting the cake flour and salt If you want a finer cake, sift it twice, sifting the flour to filter dust particles. And while sifting the flour Air will enter between the dough, making the flour softer and softer.
- Measure out the liquid ingredients such as evaporated milk and vegetable oil, sugar and separate the eggs.
- Pour vegetable oil into a pot. Bring it to the heat until the oil is hot. Then turn off the stove.
- Then add cake batter to mix with oil. Stir with a spatula to cool slightly. After that add evaporated milk. To add a soft aroma and a more mellow taste after that stir or fold to combine.
- Put the yolk into it. Add fragrance with vanilla scent. Fold to combine and set aside.
- Make the egg white mixture by beating the egg white until it is coarse. After that add cream of tartar, beat enough together, add the cornstarch, beat until combined, add sugar gradually. Beat until peaks form.
- Scoop some meringue or egg white into a bowl of egg yolk mixture, fold lightly until combined Once combined, add the rest and fold until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Tap the mold to expel the air bubbles 1-2 times. Baked cakes will be beautiful, no pores.
- Put in an oven at a temperature of 150-160 degrees Celsius on a hot water tray, bake for 35-40 minutes depending on the home stove too. Some ovens may bake for up to 50 minutes, turn on the upper and lower lights, turn off the fan, and then dehumidify remove the hot water pan. Continue baking at 150-160 degrees Celsius for 8-10 minutes, turn on the upper-lower heat, turn off the fan.
- After baking, let it warm for about 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan. Peel off wax paper Turn the other side of the cake over. And cut to size as you like